||Harry is probably a Yorkiepoo (Yorkshire Terrier x Poodle).
But nobody knows what he is for sure...
Harry was born in the winter or the early spring of 2003.
Harry met his family in a New York City shelter.
Harry now lives in Switzerland.
Harry goes for a walk every day along the River Rhein.
Harry pratices agility in the back yard in sunny mornings.
Harry works very hard to make his family smile.
Note: Nobody knows exactly when Harry was born. So Harry's master chose 3 March 2003 as his birthday. Everybody needs a birthday. Without a birthday, one cannot celebrate his birthday or have a birthday party. He was born around that time anyway...
||Harry participated in IFCS World Agiity Championships 2006.
He made the Japanese National Team for this prestigious show.
He did extremely well and ran clean in every single run.
He came in 2nd place in the Individual All Around.
Harry was the very first mixed-breed dog to be on the podium
in the history of IFCS World Agility Championships.
Go to IFCS World Agility Championships 2006 Report.
||Certified Pet Dog Trainer (CPDT) approved by the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT). As a child, she wanted to be an elephant keeper in the London Zoo, but ended up being a public relations specialist in international affairs. While living in New York, she started volunteering in an animal shelter to re-train rescued dogs. There she met Harry. She currently lives in Switzerland with her husband, a mathematician (statistician), their daughter and son.
Talking Tails was originally started as a school-project of Harry's master in March 1995. The very first website was only a list of links of her interests (animals, ski and Japanese culture). Harry's master kept adding links and her original articles to the site for years. Later, the website developed into a "Dog Information Site", as Harry's master started volunteering in a shelter and became a certified dog trainer.
- September 2003, Talking Tails was started to promote better training and happier life for all dogs by introducing Harry's life after shelter.
- April 2005, the domain name "Talkingtails.com" was obtained.
- September 2005, the Japanese version of Talking Tails was launched.
- October 2006, the translation of all the original articles into Japanese was completed
- The result of the Fun Agility People Team Small (the team of Harry, Fly and Joya) appeared in the featured article of Agility Schweizer Meisterschaft für Vereine (The Swiss National Championship for Team Agility) in HUNDE. Bern: 30 November 2007: p10-11
- "Harry's achievement in IFCS World Agility Championships 2006" was featured in colour in Dog Sport Journal. Tokyo: June 2006: p131
- "Introduction to Agility" written by Harry's Master was printed in colour in Dog Sport Journal. Tokyo: July 2006: p122-123
- "Harry's achievement in IFCS World Agility Championships 2006" was featured in Aiken Champ. Tokyo: August 2006: p126
- "International Mix & Breed Championship Agility (IMCA) and ParAgility World Cup (PAWC) Report" written by Harry's Master was printed in colour in Dog Sport Journal. Tokyo: August 2006: p11
- "Harry's achivement in IMCA 2006" was featured in Dog Sport Journal. Tokyo: November 2006
All articles are written by Harry's master. All images are also created by her. Most photos are taken by her family and friends. Some photos are from readers. In this case, a credit is given. The use of other websites' logo are all pre-approved (if not approved, Harry's master created an original icon for the link).
Talking Tails Home
Copyright © 2003-2013 Talking Tails. All Rights Reserved.